14 March 2013

Talking, for a change

Occasionally, I will stop walking around with a machine that goes beep for long enough to actually talk about what I have been doing. If you live in the South-East of England, you might like to hear me waffle on about geophysics and Romans at two events this year.

Sussex Archaeological Symposium 2013

Date: Saturday 27th April 2013
Venue: The Fulton Building, Lecture Theatre A, University of Sussex, Falmer
Programme: Here
Application Form: Here

This will be a catch up talk, from when I last talked at the Symposium, two years ago. I've discovered a lot since then. Obviously, they have put me in the graveyard slot, after lunch, to wake up the weary troops with my superb oratory prowess (no laughing). Many of the other talks are on the Roman period, my favourite, so I'm very much looking forward to the Symposium this year.

CBA SE: LANDSCAPES OF SOUTH-EAST BRITAIN DURING THE ROMAN PERIOD

Date: Saturday 16th November 2013
Venue: The Assembly Rooms, Preston Street, Faversham, Kent
Programme: Here

This conference is right up my street, as a lot of what I do is a combination of geophysics and landscape archaeology. A lot of what I will be talking about will be the same as at the Symposium, but it wont be a catch up, so I will be taking a more general view of things, plus of course talking about what I find over the course of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment